MSTerminalServices.org Forums

Forums Home | FAQ | Search | Profile | Private Messages | Log in/Register/Password

client access license could not be upgraded or renewed

Page 1 of 1
Next:  General Discussions: Remote Desktop Connection Web Page TSWEB VBSCRIPT Error Fix  
Lance

External

Since: May 07, 2004

(Msg. 1) Posted: Fri May 07, 2004 5:41 pm
Post subject: client access license could not be upgraded or renewed
Archived from groups: microsoft>public>windows>terminal_services (more info?)

I am receiving the following message on 1 Windows XP Pro computer when trying to connect to a Windows Server 2003 Terminal Server in Aplication Server mode, Licensing server is installed and running and the 2003 TS cals are installed.

"The remote session was disconnected because the local computer's client access license could not be upgraded or renewed"

If I remove the registry key LICENSE000 from "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSLicensing\Store\" I receive the following error:

"The remote session was disconnected because there are no Terminal Server client access licenses available for this computer."

If I change or remove data from with the LICENSE000 key I get the following error:

"The remote computer disconnected the session because of an error in the licensing protocol."

The Windows Server 2003 logs the following information:

Event Type: Information
Event Source: TermService
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1011
Date: 5/7/2004
Time: 9:36:06 AM
User: N/A
Computer: WORFS001
Description:
The terminal server client RUSWSKLB has been disconnected because its temporary license has expired.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

There is only one computer that is having this particular problem and I'm at a loss on how to fix it, I know I'm not running out of licenses. I've even tried KB article #279561 to no avail, any assistance or recommendations would greatly be appreciated.
Lance
Send e-mail Login to vote
Lance

External

Since: Nov 17, 2003

(Msg. 2) Posted: Mon May 10, 2004 12:31 pm
Post subject: RE: client access license could not be upgraded or renewed [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

I've solved the problem with the error "client access license could not be upgraded or renewed" what I did was delete the entire MSLicensing key from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ I opened up remoted Desktop connection and reconnected to my Terminal and everything worked just fine. I looked at the registry again that that MSLicensing key had been recreated. All works great now.
Send e-mail Login to vote
    All times are: Eastern Time (US & Canada) (change) Page 1 of 1