MSTerminalServices.org Forums

Forums Home | FAQ | Search | Profile | Private Messages | Log in/Register/Password

How do you get NFUSE to work with NAT

Page 1 of 1
Next:  Citrix: Printer HP8150  
Author Message
Chad

External


Since: Oct 28, 2003
Posts: 2



(Msg. 1) Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 5:38 pm
Post subject: How do you get NFUSE to work with NAT
Archived from groups: alt>os>citrix (more info?)

We are using MetaFrame Presentation Server SP3 behind a firewall that is
using NAT to translate a public IP to a private internal address. Users
are able to access the web page and logon but when they launch an
application they receive the following error message "Cannot connect to the
Citrix MetaFrame server. There is no Citrix MetaFrame server configured on
the specified address"

I have added the external IP address to the server using the altaddr and
modified the template.ica file in the \wwwroot\citrix\metaframe folder to
use Address=[NFuse_IPV4AddressAlternate] but still can't get it to work.

When I download the launch.ica file and open it in a text file it still
shows the internal private IP as the address. If I modify the launch.ica
file to specify the external IP address it works perfectly.

Does anyone know how to make this work properly?
Back to top
Send e-mail Login to vote
Roland Lyngvig

External


Since: Oct 28, 2003
Posts: 13



(Msg. 2) Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:53 pm
Post subject: Re: How do you get NFUSE to work with NAT [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

"Chad" <chad DeleteThis @millennium7.com> wrote in message
news:P3wnb.57157$ZH4.11232@twister.socal.rr.com...

> I have added the external IP address to the server using the altaddr and
> modified the template.ica file in the \wwwroot\citrix\metaframe folder to
> use Address=[NFuse_IPV4AddressAlternate] but still can't get it to work.

Please take a look at the command ALTADDR, which will do the trick.

http://www.thin-world.com/MFCommands/altaddr.htm

Regards,
Roland Lyngvig
Back to top
Send e-mail Login to vote
Hank Arnold

External


Since: Sep 23, 2003
Posts: 497



(Msg. 3) Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 1:17 pm
Post subject: Re: How do you get NFUSE to work with NAT [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

I'm in the same situation. I've run the command

altaddr [/server:servername] [/set adapteraddress alternateaddress] [/v]

and ALTADDR gives me
Local Address Alternate Address
-------------------- --------------------
Default aa.bbb.ccc.dd
192.168.1.2 aa.bbb.ccc.dd

(aa.bbb.ccc.dd is the external address of the Citrix server).

I've connected to aa.bbb.ccc.dd:1394 so the right port is opened and mapped
correctly. I also saved and updated launch.ica and was able to connect with
no problem....

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold


"Chad" <chad.TakeThisOut@millennium7.com> wrote in message
news:P3wnb.57157$ZH4.11232@twister.socal.rr.com...
> We are using MetaFrame Presentation Server SP3 behind a firewall that is
> using NAT to translate a public IP to a private internal address. Users
> are able to access the web page and logon but when they launch an
> application they receive the following error message "Cannot connect to
the
> Citrix MetaFrame server. There is no Citrix MetaFrame server configured
on
> the specified address"
>
> I have added the external IP address to the server using the altaddr and
> modified the template.ica file in the \wwwroot\citrix\metaframe folder to
> use Address=[NFuse_IPV4AddressAlternate] but still can't get it to work.
>
> When I download the launch.ica file and open it in a text file it still
> shows the internal private IP as the address. If I modify the launch.ica
> file to specify the external IP address it works perfectly.
>
> Does anyone know how to make this work properly?
Back to top
Send e-mail Login to vote
Chad

External


Since: Oct 28, 2003
Posts: 2



(Msg. 4) Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:10 am
Post subject: Re: How do you get NFUSE to work with NAT [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

"Hank Arnold" <rasilon RemoveThis @aol.com> wrote in
news:FlNnb.2090$Tx.793346@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net:

> I'm in the same situation. I've run the command
>
> altaddr [/server:servername] [/set adapteraddress alternateaddress]
> [/v]
>
> and ALTADDR gives me
> Local Address Alternate Address
> -------------------- --------------------
> Default aa.bbb.ccc.dd
> 192.168.1.2 aa.bbb.ccc.dd
>
> (aa.bbb.ccc.dd is the external address of the Citrix server).
>
> I've connected to aa.bbb.ccc.dd:1394 so the right port is opened and
> mapped correctly. I also saved and updated launch.ica and was able to
> connect with no problem....
>

Okay, I've figured out what the problem was.
All documentation that I have read indicates that you should edit the
template.ica file under the wwwroot\citrix\pnagent but if you edit the
template.ica file in the program files\citrix\nfuse folder it works. I
hope this helps others...

-Chad
Back to top
Send e-mail Login to vote
Hank Arnold

External


Since: Sep 23, 2003
Posts: 497



(Msg. 5) Posted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:52 pm
Post subject: Re: How do you get NFUSE to work with NAT [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

I tried putting in the text

Address=[NFuse_IPV4AddressAlternate]

into the ica file with no success. Should it have been that literal or
should the text differ based on my external/internal address?

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

"Chad" <chad.DeleteThis@millennium7.com> wrote in message
news:ri%nb.74592$ZH4.31705@twister.socal.rr.com...
>
> Okay, I've figured out what the problem was.
> All documentation that I have read indicates that you should edit the
> template.ica file under the wwwroot\citrix\pnagent but if you edit the
> template.ica file in the program files\citrix\nfuse folder it works. I
> hope this helps others...
>
> -Chad
Back to top
Send e-mail Login to vote
Display posts from previous:   
    All times are: Eastern Time (US & Canada) (change) Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Looking for more Terminal Services info?

Sign up to the MSTerminalServices.org Monthly Newsletter, written by Terminal Server MVP & Citrix CTP Stefan Vermeulen, containing news, tips, interviews, links of the month and much more. Subscribe today and don't miss a thing!

Become an MSTerminalServices.org member!

Discuss your Terminal Services & Citrix issues with thousands of other SBC experts. Click here to join!

Community Area

Log in | Register